What is Kundalini Yoga?
Kundalini Yoga is exceptional exercise for the soul. The term Kundalini is refers to energy within each one of us that lies dormant in the base of the spine until we choose to activate it. Historic resources conceptualize this energy as a coiled-up surpent and is believed to be associated with the Divine Feminine energy, one that brings forth life. When activated, travels through your chakras – the main energetic channels of the body. The Yoga techniques aid to this process to help move your body and allow the energy to shift and move, like a snake, and combines chanting, espression of power and energy, and alignment to your higher-power and Creator. Being in our Sound Garden for this class, we will use techniques used in our Sound Session to greater support your overall experience.
Kundalini Yoga consists of:
- Asanas (postures)
- Mudras (hand gestures used to guide energy)
- Pranayama (breathing techniques), and
Benefits of Kundalini Yoga
Because Kundalini Yoga is the practice of working on the energy within, you have to be willing to see the subtle benefits which work together with your physical experiences to creater balance in the whole person.
Common benefits from Kundalini Yoga include:
- Clearing blocks in your body’s energetic field.
- Strengthens your nervous, immune, and glandular systems.
- Improves circulation and makes you feel younger.
- Helps you quiet your mind and emotions allowing you to hear your heart’s voice and divine guidance.
- Builds strength in our physical body through inspiration from your coure source energy that inspires you to take up the activities it needs to be in alignment. That may be through nutrition and/or physical activity.
What to Bring: Yoga mat and refillable water bottle.
Instructor: Dyaalang Singh (Ryan Woolsey)
Time: Sessions begins at 9:00 am.
Location: Garden of Common Ground – 1365 Triad Center Drive, Suite D1, St. Peters, MO 63376
Tickets: $15 /Person